Whole wheat pasta - 2 c
green beans - 1/2 c chopped
Broccoli florets - 1 c
Mushroom - 1 c sliced
Tomatoes - 2 diced
Onion - 1 finely diced
Garlic pods - 4-5 finely minced
Red pepper - 1 tsp (optional)
Shredded cooked chicken - 1 cup (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil for pasta.
2. Add Olive oil in a separate pan, add garlic and let it infuse oil. For a spicier version, add a tsp of crushed red pepper(optional).
3. Add oinions and satue until it turns lightly brown. This will take about 2 min.
4. Now add mushrooms and saute until cooked. This will take about 4 min on high flame.
5. In the meantime, add a tsp of olive oil and a tsp of salt to the boiling water. Add dry pasta. Stir it once to make sure its not sticking to each other. Let it cook for about 7-8 min.
6. Add half cooked broccoli and green beans and add 1/2 cup water to onion and mushroom mixture. Cover and let it cook for about 5-6 min.
7. Add tomatoes and chicken to the pan and cover again to cook for about 2-3 min. Adjust salt. ( Skip chicken altogether for a vegetarian version. Its still delicious!!)
8. Add 1/2 c of store bought Marinara sauce for the spices.
9. Add 1tsp of italian seasoning.
10. Drain and add cooked pasta to the pan. Add a cup of pasta water in the sauce. Add more for desirable consistency.
11. Serve it hot with grated parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.