1. Cauliflower florets - 2 cups, soak it in salted warm water for about 10 min and drain well.
2. Onion - 1 small, diced
3. Potatoes - 4 small, peeled and med diced.
4. Tomatoes - 2 small, diced
5. Garlic - 4-5 pods, minced
6. Ginger - 1" inch, minced
7. Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
8. Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
9. Coriander powder - 1 tsp
10. Garam masala - 1 tsp.
11. Turmeric - 1/2 tsp.
12. Peas - 1 c
1. Heat oil in a big pan, add minced garlic and ginger and let it infuse oil for about a min.
2. Add onions and saute for about 3-5 min or until it turns brown.
3. Add diced potatoes and saute for about 5 min.
4. Now add turmeric, chili powder, cumin powder, Coriander powder and garam masala. Saute for about 2-3 min in a very low flame( dry masala burns quickly) and nice aroma fills the air.
5. Now add the florets and stir to make sure the masala coats each floret well.
6. Stir in diced tomatoes.
7. Add about 1/2 c water. (Skip water if you haven't drained the florets well.) Cover and cook for about 10-15 min on a med flame. Do not stir often, as the florets break easily once cooked.
8. Add frozen peas. Stir to incorporate it well in the dish. Again cover and cook for 10 more min.
9. At this point add salt. The vegetables give out water on its own, so let it finish cooking uncovered for about 10 min for a dry dish. Stir gently(only to make sure it doesn't burn on the bottom).
Serve it with warm rotis or flavored rice. This dish tastes even better the next day. So, be sure to make a big batch. :-)