Dry Rajma - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 2 med
Onion - 2 med
Ginger - 1tbsp
Garlic - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Bay leaves - 2 or 3
Cloves - 3
Asafoetida - a pinch
Chole Masala - 1/2 tbsp
Coriander/Malli powder - 1tbsp
Coriander leaves - few to garnish
1. Soak dry rajma overnight and cook it in pressure cooker with little salt and asafoetida until tender.
2. Finely chop garlic and ginger.
3. Dice onions and tomatoes.
1. Add little oil to the tava. Add the cumin, fennel, bay leaves, cloves and let it fry for less than min.
2. Add ginger/garlic, saute for a min.
3. Add onions and little bit of salt. Saute until onions turn translucent and lightly brown.
4. Add Chole masala, coriander powder, turmeric and tomatoes and saute until the tomatoes are soft and incorporated well in the sauce.
5. Add Cooked Rajma. Let it simmer for about 10 min. Adjust seasoning.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with Hot roti or Rice.