I had guests for Mother's Day. We had a big spread for lunch. It included chicken curry, shrimp fry, fish puttu, yummy kootu & rasam (both made by my sis-in-law), brocolli paruppu poriyal and some vegetable raita.
Also, served home-made brownies for dessert with a little whipped cream and fresh strawberries. I wish brownies were a litttle more moist. It was bc I left it too long in the oven. It very tasty nonetheless. The whole batch disappeared by the end of the evening. It was very easy to make. It took me just 10 min to put the batter together.
Happy Mother's day!
Whole wheat flour - 1 c
Cocoa powder - 1/2 c
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1/2 c
Low-fat Milk - 3/4 c
Brown sugar - 1 c, packed
Toasted Walnuts - 1/2 c, chopped
Semi-sweet dark chocolate chips - 1/2 c
1. Preheat oven at 350F
2. Mix all the dry ingredients except chocolate chips and walnuts well. (Flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt).
3. Beat oil & sugar and whisk in milk until sugar dissolves.
4. Now fold the dry ingredients until well incorporated. Do not stir too much
5. Lightly fold in chopped walnuts and chocolate chips.
6. Pour it in oil-sprayed pan and bake for about 30-35 min or until toothpick insterted comes out clean.
7. Let it cool for about 30 min. Cut and serve it warm.